How To Repair Corrupted Memory Card & USB Hard drive
This method is based on a simple command prompt trick that will forcely format your external drive and then after that you can use it.
But firstly note that this will delete all your files from USB pendrive and if you have any of important data and then use recovery tool to restore these data before implementing this method. So just follow the simple steps discussed bellow.
- Insert Memory Card/USB Hard Drive with your computer through your USB port and remove all other drives if you have connected.
- Open my computer and note down the drive letter of your USB or memory card.
- Click on start and then type cmd and then press enter.
- Type DISKPART in command prompt and pop up might appears asking for permission, click on b1 OK.
- Type list disk there and you will see all the disk will get listed there.
- Now there you will see your external drive, note down its disk number.
- Type select disk disk_number (for exp select disk 4) and press enter.
- Type clean and press enter.
- Type create partition primary and then press enter.
- Type active and press enter.
- Enter the command select partition 1.
- Type format fs=fat32 and press enter.
That is it, it will take sometime and after that your drive will be successfully formatted and be ready to use.