Nigeria Senate Website Is Suspended By Its Hosting Company
The Nigeria senate website has now been suspended by its hosting company in the Us. The name of the hosting company is Bluehost. Officials have not responded yet to tell the public the reason why their website has been suspended. And Bluehost too are yet to give any explanation for the suspensions. However, Nigerians have been reacting across various social media platform as forums, twitter and Facebook.
Here are Some of the reactions.
- “They didn’t use the hosting companies in Nigeria. It says a lot about #madeInNigeria campaign embarked upon by this government.” King4Roller.
- “Yet these people will be championing ‘Buy Naija Grow Naija’ Theiving hypocrites.” Liberty Rep.
- “They could not pay for hosting and domain renewal.” Mayboy2111
- “And yet our National Assembly and senators budget 150Billion Naira for themselves every year and included this ” budget” is money for overhead costs such as maintaining office complexes, library and keeping a functional website. National Assembly with less than 500members (In both Senate and House of Reps) has bigger budget than some state and yet the moronic APC led by the even more Moronic DULLAR DINHO don’t want to hear of anything like restructuring. This country’s stupidity has even passed the level of Snithole. Someone should think of a more fitting terminology.” Onechencearmy
- According to Arisebull, it could one of two things: either unpaid bills, which cannot actually be more than $2400 or violation of the hosts Terms of Service (TOS). “ They know they must host with Galaxy Backbone, setup by Government for handling its infrastructure in Nigerians and is sufficiently competent to meet and exceed the needs of the Senate, but a party divided against itself will obviously fall. Where all over the world, nations are reacting to GDPR and protecting its citizens and their privacy, a Government is hosting its sovereign information overseas, cannot pay its bill which may be lower than my estimate by the way, but overinflated because of graft. Can you see the capital flight and the inefficiency? The lawmaking body was demonstrated that they don’t have trust in local hosting firm thereby Jettisoning and dumping buy Nigeria policy of Buhari. Letter some official will come to ask you….’ What do you know about websites?” and the need to continue with your ignorance in 2019?“