Steps Taken by The Tech Giant Concerning Users Data Breached By Third Party (Cambridge Data Analytical Scandal)
It is no longer a news that about 87million users data have been collected by some rougues who developed an app for collecting people’s data.
As a result of this some users have been deleting their profiles on Facebook and promoting the hash tag #deletefacebook on twitter.
Check out some steps taken by the tech giant in order to amend the defects:
- Two screens will be visible to the Facebook users telling them if their data were among the about 87million data shared with Cambridge Analytical.
- Facebook users will be informed if there data were breached.
- Facebook said they will inform people what kind of apps they use and the kind of data they may likely to have gathered.
- Cubeyou – a data analytical firm – has now been suspended ahead of investigations.
- Facebook in conjunction with Cambridge University will examine if Cubeyou had collected people’s data for academic reasons used it for commercial purpose.
What is Cambridge University saying concerning this?
- The University said, ” Cubeyou merely designed the interface for a website that used our models to give users insight on their data.”
- “We have had no with Cubeyou since 2015.” Said Cambridge University.
- Cambridge University has also claimed not to be working with Cambridge Analytical and its parent Company.